- The Trust’s objective is to generate stable and recurring income to deliver an attractive total return
- Focusing only on student accommodation in the United Kingdom (UK) and the United States (US)
- The first Trust in Singapore that focuses on this resilient and strong-yielding sector
- The Trust has invested in a portfolio of 35 student accommodation assets with 14,273 beds and some ancillary commercial units located in 22 university cities across the UK and US
- Possesses similar distribution principles as a Singapore-listed real estate investment trust (“S-REIT”)
Mapletree Global Student Accommodation Private Trust (MGSA P-Trust) is a student accommodation-focused fund investing in assets in the UK and US, aiming to generate stable and recurring income to deliver an attractive total return. Globally, student housing assets have in recent years performed exceptionally well as an asset class compared to traditional real estate asset classes, delivering consistent returns throughout economic downturns. The student accommodation sector is a well-sought after asset class and is attractive to investors seeking investments which offer stable yields and attractive risk-adjusted returns.
MGSA P-Trust is fully invested with an aggregate committed capital of approximately US$535 million at Closing Date.
Mapletree is the sponsor of MGSA P-Trust, with an interest of 35% in the Trust. MGSA P-Trust is managed by Mapletree Real Estate Advisors Pte. Ltd. (MREAL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mapletree.
||Unregistered Business Trust
||UK & US
|Fund Size (US$ mn)