- Fund objective is to maximise total return by investing in a balanced portfolio of completed properties with value enhancement potential and development projects in China and India
- Focusing on commercial & mixed-use projects
- Tier 1 & 2 cities in China
- Tier 1 cities in India
- Fund is fully committed and fully invested portfolio comprising 7 assets (6 in China & 1 in India)
- 2 successful exits to date
Mapletree India China Fund (MIC Fund) is a dual-country total return fund established to maximise returns by acquiring, developing and realising real estate projects in India and China. The fund primarily invests in commercial, residential and mixed-use property developments projects in Tier 1 and 2 cities to harness the urbanisation trend and the increasing consumption of the growing middle class in India and China.
MIC Fund is another platform through which the Group has utilised its proprietary in house development, investment and asset management functions to extract real estate values in development and investment projects. Mapletree was able to replicate its expertise in the development of mixed-use properties in China, with the development of Future City in Xi’an, and Nanhai Business City development in Foshan, Guangdong province.
MIC Fund raised a total of US$1.2 billion in committed capital in its second and final close in August 2008. The fund is fully committed to projects in advance of the expiry of the investment period in April 2013.
Mapletree is the sponsor of MIC Fund, with an interest of approximately 43% in the fund. MIC Fund is managed by Mapletree Real Estate Advisors Pte. Ltd. (MREAL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mapletree.
||Close-ended Private Fund
||Office, Retail, Residential, Mixed-use
|Fund Size (US$ mn)